Ahhhh....a relaxing bubble bath and a good book are a great way to end a tedious (or any!) day...
But, wait....stop...did you know that
personal care items, including most body washes, often contain artificial fragrances, chemicals, and dyes that can irritate the skin?
Interested in solutions for a nice bath, soak, and/or shower that nourish the skin as well as get it squeaky clean?
Here are some personal favorites:
- 1 cup unscented castile soap
- 1/2 cup vegetable glycerin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 15 drops of your favorite essential oil
Note: Castile soap and vegetable glycerin can be purchased at your local health food store.
1. Combine castile soap, glycerin, and water into glass bowl.
2. Add essential oils.
3. Stir until well combined.
4. Pour into glass container.
To use, add 1/4-1/2 cup of bubble bath mixture to warm, running bath water.
**Note: These bubbles are not going to provide big fluffy bubbles that last a long time since it doesn’t contain the synthetic ingredients that make them. However, this chemical-free bath will provide enough bubbles for a relaxing and therapeutic bath you will still enjoy.**
Epsom Salt Bath
Did you know that magnesium is
naturally found in Magnesium Sulfate, more commonly known as Epsom salt?
Did you also know that there are many health benefits found from a diet rich in magnesium sulfate and that it
can be absorbed into your skin, thus increasing your magnesium levels?
Not to mention, an Epsom salt bath can also deliver sulfates, absorbed through the skin, then delivered throughout the body, which can often-times be difficult to get through food.
Here are some key health benefits from magnesium sulfate:
- · Eases stress and improves sleep and concentration
- · Helps muscles and nerves function properly
- · Regulates activity of 325+ enzymes
- · Helps prevent artery hardening and blood clots
- · Makes insulin more effective
- · Reduces inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
- · Improves oxygen use
- · Flush toxins
- · Improve absorption of nutrients
- · Help joint pain, brain tissue and mucin proteins
- · Help prevent or ease migraine headachesSo, how can one enjoy an Epsom salt bath?
- For an Epsom salt bath, just add 1 cup of Epsom salt along with 10 drops of your favorite essential oil(s) into a warm bath. Relax and soak in your bath until the water becomes cooler.Depending on which oils you add, taking a bath can be soothing, invigorating, refreshing, or detoxifying.Essential Oil Suggestions:Relaxation: Lavender, Serenity, Ylang YlangInvigorate: Wild Orange, Grapefruit, Citrus Bliss, Peppermint, LemonHelp Get Over a Cold/Open Airways: Breathe, Eucalyptus, PeppermintBetter Skin: Melaleuca, Lavender, Frankincense, HelichrysumSore Muscles: Lemongrass, MarjoramSunburn: Lavender, Melaleuca(http://doterrablog.com/bath-time-essentials-make-more-time-for-rubber-ducky-fun)All Natural Body Wash
- 8 oz. glass pump bottle (plastic squirt bottle works fine)
- 1/2 cup unscented Castile soap
- 4 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
- 3 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oil
Note: You can find vegetable glycerin at most health food stores. Vegetable glycerin will help the body wash be thicker, creamier, and lather better.
Directions:1. Combine ingredients into 8 oz bottle.2. Add desired essential oil(s).Tip: For an uplifting body wash try these essential oils: Citrus Bliss, Peppermint, Grapefruit, Lime, or Eucalyptus. For a relaxing body wash try these: Lavender, Serenity, Bergamot, Geranium, or Roman Chamomile.3. Shake to combine. You’re done! Make sure to shake before each use, as the ingredients will separate.(http://doterrablog.com/diy-natural-body-wash)As always, if you are interested in purchasing any oils, please contact me at:email@example.comOR
visit my website at: www.mydoterra.com/stacymcclelland
Personal care items, including most body washes, often contain artificial fragrances, chemicals, and dyes that can irritate the skin. - See more at: http://doterrablog.com/diy-natural-body-wash#sthash.F8GfJaBY.dpuf