So, your cute, little, highly-anticipated & awaited for brown bottles have arrived. Are you thinking,
Take a deep breath...we have ALL been there! This is the very beginning and an opportunity for a learning curve...one I trust you will be thankful for once on the other side, earning the title, "Essential Oil King/Queen"
I have been asked what are some of my favorite oils...what are the best one to use & why....how do I use....where do I get started?
Hopefully, by the end of the read you will feel a bit more confident & a lot more invested in your oils.
By & large, all my favorite oils are in the Family Physician Kit. And, since that is a popular enrollment kit, that covers a wealth & variety of possibilities for treating ailments, I thought those oils would be the best to highlight. Get your thinking caps on and prepare to be enlightened & empowered!
Great to use for boosting immune system as well as promoting good cellular health.
How to Use:
- Apply 1 drop to back of neck, spine or bottoms of feet daily to boost immune system and encourage relaxation (great anti-depressant properties)
- Diffuse, or place 1 drop in palm of hand and inhale, for relaxation, calming, and mood stabilizing benefits
- To more directly benefit from it's amazing properties, place a drop underneath the tongue daily
- Diffuse with lavender & vetiver overnight for good sleep benefits
- Diffuse with wild orange for uplifting and mood stabilizing benefits
- Apply 1 drop along with 1 drop of lavender directly to burns/wounds for reduction in inflammation & pain, as well as to promote healing (& prevent scarring)
- Use in facial moisturizers to help reduce the signs of aging (great for skin!)
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening or working to promote a normal inflammatory response
- Dry weather can take a toll on your nails. Try applying a drop of Frankincense to strengthen weak fingernails
Great for opening up sinuses, helping to re-invigorate &/or focus, cooling down the body temperature, aiding in digestive issues, or even cook with...peppermint is amazing!
- Rub on 1 drop on each temple and massage into neck/shoulders to relieve tension &/or headaches
- Rub 1 drop on forehead to aid in bringing down a fever
- Mix 5-10 drops per 1 oz water in a small spray bottle & use as a spritzer on hot
- Add 1 drop to stainless steel or glass water bottle for a refreshing drink in the morning!
- Flavor in whipped cream to top your cup of mocha or hot cocoa...yumm!
- Diffuse to uplift moods, clear sinuses, and create happiness
- Add 10 drops to 1 cup Espom salts to make for a refreshing bath (great for after exercise! Magnesium sulfate from Epsom salts encourage muscle relaxation and peppermint soothes body and is refreshing to the mind & spirit!)
- Place 1 drop in 1-2 T of water for a refreshing mouth rinse in morning (chemical & fluoride free!)
- Place a drop on a cottonball, seal in a ziploc bag, and send with a child who suffers from test anxiety. Open baggie and inhale, for aid in refocus and re-energizing, as well as calming anxiety. (Also great idea for motion sickness!)
- Rub 1-2 drops on tummy for relief from digestive issues such as gas or bloating.
- For additional great ways to use peppermint visit: http://doterrablog.com/101-uses-for-the-intro-kit-part-33-peppermint/
- My favorite: a drop of lemon in my water bottle (stainless steel or glass water bottle). Tastes sweet & fresh, and removes toxins while boosting my immune system all at the same time!
- Add along with OnGuard, clove, peppermint, melaleuca, & oregano to make a power-packed immune-boosting gel cap that will ward off virus and sickness
- Use in recipes to cook with (instead of lemon rind/zest, which very well could be chock-full of pesticides and toxins! Lemon oil is pure, toxin-free, and full of flavor! For recipe idea, see post in 2013 for "Cooking w/ Oils")
- Use to clean everything from tubs, to sinks, to toilets, along with baking soda & vinegar
- Place 1 drop each of lemon, lime & wild orange in glass of water for a wonderful treat! Grab some sparkling water and stevia and you have a REAL treat (no more soda!)
- For additional amazing ideas for ways to use lemon visit: http://doterrablog.com/101-uses-for-the-doterra-intro-kit-part-13-lemon/
- Apply 1 drop directly to burns or wounds to decrease pain/sting &/or inflammation
- Apply 1 drop to bee/wasp/ant/spider stings to reduce inflammation and pain
- Use 1 drop each of lavender, peppermint, and lemon for a natural anti-histimine against allergies. Place drops in palm and inhale, rub drops under nose and over sinus cavities (being careful of eyes) & repeat as often as needed. Above can also be put into a gel cap and taken internally (I have found to be most effective, and at worst times of allergies, taken with each meal is incredibly effective for up to 4 hours relief)
- Place 10 drops, along with 1 cup of Epsom salts, in a hot bath and relax & unwind
- Place 3-4 drops on a washcloth in the dryer to act as a fabric freshener
- Place 1-2 drops on feet to help aid in restful sleep
- Diffuse for help in reducing stress, easing anxiety, and encouraging good rest
- For additional amazing ways to use lavender visit: http://doterrablog.com/101-uses-for-the-intro-kit-part-13-lavender/
- For overall immune boosting and support, rub a drop on bottoms of feet (diluted with a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut oil) daily
- For croup-like coughs (or whooping cough), dilute with carrier oil and rub on chest at night (and daily, as needed)
- Place 2 drops in gel cap along with lemon, clove, peppermint, On Guard, & melaleuca for great daily immune benefits
- Use to help cleanse wounds/prevent infection; 1-2 drops around wound (not on)
- Place 1 drop melaleuca & 1 drop lavender around outside of ear and back of ear for ear infection/ache; rub in downward motion on neck/throat
- Place drop each on bottoms of feet to boost immune system, prevent/kill bacteria
- · Check out this link for more on Melaleuca: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj4VyWTZnEQ#action=share
- A blend of Laurel leaf, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Melaleuca, Lemon, Ravensara, & Cardamom for respiratory support & benefits
- Apply 1-2 drops to palms, rub together & inhale for respiratory benefits
- Rub on chest to help breathing issues
- Rub under nose to help breathing issues
- Put 1-2 drops in large bowl of hot water, put face over (towel covering head) for steam bath to help open sinuses
- A blend of wintergreen,camphor, peppermint, blue tansy, blue chamomile, helichrysum and osmanthus work together to ease achy joints and sore muscles.
- Apply 1-2 drops on location of sore muscle and massage in.
- Layer along with lemongrass & cypress to ease pain & lift stiffness of muscles (ie neck stiffness or lower back stiffness; add a warm compress and voila! Motion and flexibility!)
- Use in combination with Deep Blue rub for added pain relief benefits and easing of achy joints/sore muscles
- Massage into knees each night to reduce knee pain
- A blend of wild orange, cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, & rosemary designed to boost one's immune system
- Place 1-2 drops on bottoms of feet daily (after shower) to help support a healthy immune system
- Add a drop to a smoothie, juice, or warm tea (after it has steeped and cooled, as heat can compromise the chemical make-up & effectiveness of oils)
- Gargle 1 drop in 1 T water to help ease pain of a sore throat or heal a mouth ulcer (or any gum pain). Swallow if you can for added immune support & health benefits
- Diffuse to help kill airborne pathogens
- Dilute 20 drops per 1 oz water in a glass spray bottle and use as a household disinfectant & cleaner (for counter-tops, tables, door handles, and more!)
- Make your own hand sanitizer with aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil, water, & 8-10 drops of On Guard
- Enjoy taking On Guard in it's other forms through beadlets (that have appro 1/2 drop of On Guard per beadlet) or softgels (which have approx 5 drops per softgel)
- A blend of ginger, peppermint, tarragon, fennel, caraway, coriander and anise that help restore normal balance in the digestive system
- Rub 1-2 drops around belly button when feeling digestive discomfort such as gassiness
- Place 2-3 drops in an empty gel cap and swallow with a glass of water to help bring system back into balance (whether struggling with diarrhea or constipation)
- Enjoy take Digestzen in it's other form, through Softgels (which have approx 5 drops per softgel)
- Place a drop in warm milk or tea and sip to help ease any digestive issues, including nausea
As always, if you are interested in purchasing any oils, please contact me at:
visit my website at: www.mydoterra.com/stacymcclelland
visit my website at: www.mydoterra.com/stacymcclelland