I am making a confession: I have become an essential oil junkie. Is this a bad thing?
By all means, NO!
It is, by far, the best decision (aside from saying "Yes" to being a disciple of Jesus Christ & "I Do" to my hubby) I have yet to make. Being an oil-junkie has improved my health, provided me freedom of choice (I have options OTHER than expensive pharmaceuticals & can be proactive in health-care PRIOR to an expensive dr visit!), educated me in knowing myself better and healthier options around me, opened the door to removing toxins & chemical cleaning solvents from my home, & helped me grow a pesticide-free, organic garden!
What does an oil junkie look like?
Well...here is a day-in-the-life of a
Self-Proclaimed Oil Junkie
- COFFEE!! A beloved early morning ritual...with just the right amount of cream and a drop of Cinnamon oil (as well as being an emotional & physical stimulant, it can help in aiding digestive issues, stomach aches, diarrhea, and building/maintaining of the immune system)
- After my morning shower, I apply 1-2 drops of ClaryCalm & Balance blends on the bottoms of my feet (for hormonal balance, managing symptoms of PMS, & balancing emotional swings. Balance TRULY helps me keep my emotions in check!)
- Combined in a handy roll-on bottle, a home-made blend of Serenity is pleasant to the olfactory senses as well as aids in reducing inflammation/tension/anxiety/stress, & encouraging a strong sense of well-being, while the Blue Tansy, Frankincense, & Spruce in Balance are geared to aid my central nervous system as well as calming/balancing emotions)
- If I completed a long run, I typically rub a drop or two of Deep Blue into my
- In running an in-home child-care business 3 days out of my week, I use my diffuser with many different blends quite often! My favorite is to diffuse Serenity, as I find it very Wild Orange is another favorite, as it is excellent in energizing and revitalizing, as well as uplifting my mood (my happy oil!)...not only that, I find pleasure knowing that the Wild Orange is at work killing all air-born pathogens, while disinfecting & killing bacteria. Great bonus when in the child-care business! (**In fall/winter, I love diffusing On Guard blend for immune-boosting benefits, as well as pathogen & bacteria-killing benefits!)
- With breakfast, I make sure to start my day off right by taking doTERRA's LifeLong
- Upon getting ready for the day & going out, I typically add a drop of Whisper to each wrist and behind my ears. Who knew that one's choice of perfume could have Whisper doesn't leave me with a headache like synthetic, commercial perfumes typically do. The blend of oils in Whisper all have anti-pathogenic, anti-septic, & anti-inflammatory properties, and many have properties that help with anxiety, attention/focus, depression, stress & tension, just to name a few. Whisper has proven to be a perfect compliment to my use of Balance & ClaryCalm!
- Throughout a given day, if I am struggling with the approach of a headache, or find tension forming in my neck/shoulders, I will apply Peppermint or the PastTense blend to my neck & temples (while make sure I am drinking enough water throughout the day also). Both oils help to relieve tension and provide calming comfort from the pain of headaches. They work wonderfully to ward off headaches as they are
- Should I begin feeling worn down, or like my body is trying to fight off sickness, I begin placing drops of On Guard on the bottoms of my feet. In addition, before retiring for bed at night, I make sure to create an immune-boosting blend of oils in a gel-cap to take internally. This blend has helped my body ward off many sicknesses this past year & it has been amazing to experience how oils have helped boost my immune system! The Immune Boosting blend I create is: 3 drops Lemon, 2 drops Oregano, 2 drops On Guard, 2 drops Peppermint, 2 drops Clove, & 1 drop Melaleuca. Should I still feel the symptoms of sickness trying to overtake me the next morning, I will take another gel-cap with breakfast. Typically I feel better overnight, however, I have taken up to 2-3 gel caps w/in a given day to help my body fight off sickness (and always with a meal, just to discourage any upset tummy issues due to strength of many oils in this blend...note: Peppermint is in there specifically to aid in digestive issues, but who wants to constantly burp oregano? Taking on a full tummy helps prevent this and further aid in good digestion!) **More details regarding this Immune Boosting Blend can be found through my October, 2013 post entitled, "Keepin' Kids (& Yourself) Healthy: Boost Your Immune System"**
Following this daily routine, along with a balanced diet, appropriate exercise, and making sure I stay hydrated, I have found that I am more healthy than I ever have been. I look back on the past year, with all it's stressors, all it's transition, all the travel, & all the exposure to different climates/germs/bacteria/etc and find:
I didn't go to the doctor once
(outside of annual check-ups)
Did I struggle with sickness? Yes, I fought sickness over this past year. However, with the introduction and gift of knowing about essential oils, I have found the beauty of being pro-active in my approach to health-care.
- I can DO something about my ailments before calling to make that doctor appointment, and I can strive to help my body fight sickness/infection/etc, as well as find healing & health through the God-given elements found in essential oils.
- Yep, no doubt about it....
- I will forever be a Self-Proclaimed Oil Junkie!
As always, if you are interested in purchasing any oils, please contact me at:
visit my website at: www.mydoterra.com/stacymcclelland
visit my website at: www.mydoterra.com/stacymcclelland